Monday, May 12, 2008

YAY!! I got to interview C.D. Nilsson!!

I interviewed C.D. Nilsson on 5/9 :) here's how it went down.

-So, what qualifies you to start an awards ceremony?
::Wow, you just get right into it, don't you? [we laugh] I've always been into filmmaking and have independently studied it for a while. I mean, I just started the awards, it was just a little thing between friends and I can't believe how much it has grown. I think how well-rounded my experience is in the industry qualifies me as a judge alone, but the entire awards committee has many more experienced personnel on it.

-How did you pick the committee?
::It really started as a sort of a really small thing. The committee really has just evolved, people recommending others, me having to screen everyone [he sighs] sometimes it I think that I am just blessed by some people who are on it.

-Can you name some people on the committee for me?
::I'm sorry to make this entire interview so drab, but those names are confidential. I decided when it started expanding to keep it private, a lot of the people agreed, saying that they don't want anyone campaigning and they don't want to be recognized for any work they do. They really are just in it for the love of film. Of course, they have complete freedom to let anyone know that they, personally are on the committee, and I will endorse that, but most people think the same, it is easier without people knowing.

-Anything new for the 2009 awards?
::Oh, I am looking forward to those! The committee is so divrse that we are starting to think that we are qualified enough to decide for other categories, so I am very excited to announce our new ones!

-Can we get a list?
::I was getting to that! [we laugh] The new category for film is an honorary award (which may change) called the Best Artistic Film.

-Artistic film? Like "Art Direction" [(another category)]
::More like a Best Picture award, but for an art film. It is unlike Best Foreign Film and Best Independent Film by the way that the nominated films can also win Best Picture.

-So what else?
::We are adding a Television section. The categories include: Best Comedy, Best Drama, Best Actor in a Comedy, Best Actress in a Comedy, Best Actor in a Drama, Best Actress in a Drama, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Best Reality Gameshow, Best Host, Best Daytime Talkshow, Best Nightime Talkshow, Best Cinematography, Best Music, and so many others. Most of these will be from network channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX) but also some cable channels, (though these are limited, FX, USA, Bravo, TNT).

-Wow that's a lot of new stuff! How do you plan to monitor everything?
::I mean that's not even it! We are adding music categories: Best R&B Album, Best R&B Artist(s), Best R&B Single, Best Country Album, Best Country Artist(s), Best Country Single, Best Rock/Metal Album, Best Rock/Metal Artist(s), Best Rock/Metal Single, Best Misc. Album, Best Misc. Artist(s), Best Misc. Single, Best Music Video, Best New Artist, and others. But to get back to your question [we laugh] it is all just like for film. I and a group of about five others create a list of films to be considered in the categories, these are usually confirmed by critics and stuff [(you can read below post about the process)]... It really comes down to the committee.

-So, you have a busy schedule, but I really just wanted to ask what is next for you OUTSIDE the awards?
::Actually I am still writing, which is taking a lot of my time. I am just juggling tasks and hoping everything works out.




It was great to talk to him and learn more about what is to come. He promised me more interviews in the future....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home